We kept things low key this week, what with Thanksgiving happenings and friends and family and all that jazz… Hope you each have recovered from holiday madness, Black Friday insanity and death by leftovers.
So many of you loved our Thanksgiving Recipe Recap that we decided to do it again for the month of November – just in case you missed any of it.
SUITCASE FOODIST TRAVELS:
We showed off all the creepiness that Europe has to offer for Day of the Dead and we also shared all about the BEST meal ever eaten in a tiny Tuscan town of Certaldo.
LYDIA EXPLORES HER PERSIMMON OBSESSION:
After all, who doesn’t like a fruit you can leave on the counter and ignore until it is wrinkley.
- Persimmon Tarts – tarting it up….
- Persimmon Shrub – mixing it up….
- Persimmon Olive Tapanade – spicing it up…
- Persimmon, Pear & Fennel Salad – tossing it up… with Fried Sage
Where GREG talks music to cook with:
- Greg’s Cooking Playlist – You CAN jam and cook
The EASIEST Homemade Broth Ever:
- Not a Recipe: Homemade Broth – the slow cooker version
Main Dishes to fill the center of your plate:
- Dry Brined Turkey with Extra Crispy Skin – turkey the easy way
- Turkey Cottage Pie – perfect for all those leftovers
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew – simple and classic
- Gin Brined Turkey – for the best brine ever
You SHOULD pick sides. Pick one of these guys:
- Hibiscus Cranberry Blackberry Sauce – because one type of berry is never enough
- Stewed Green Beans with Bacon – mmmmm… bacon
- Caramelized Brussels Sprout Gratin – cream and cheese make everything better
- Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Bake – with a crispy nutty crust
- Duck Fat Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – perfect for snacking. You might just eat them all in one sitting.
- Brown Bag Apple Pie – don’t throwaway those brown paper grocery bags
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie – delicious and creamy. Without the eggs and cream.
-Lydia & Greg – the Suitcase Foodist team